Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sorry I'm not at Davos

Well friends, it’s happened once again. The fine folks at Davos have allowed my invitation to get lost in transit. While I feel bad for all of you – whom I’m sure were waiting with breathless anticipation for my eye witness reports regarding this Swiss-based elitist event – I mostly feel sorry for myself. My dreams of meeting Voldemort in person have been dashed.

“Don’t loose hope,” I hear you say. “There’s always next year.” No. There is no next year for Voldemort. Once the final installment of the Harry Potter series comes out, Voldemort will be no more. And as Klaus Schwab, the gatekeeper of Davos boasted regarding Richard S. Fuld Jr., there is no room for has-beens at Davos.

Oops. Should I have included a spoiler alert? Well now you know the pain I feel.

No comments: