Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Confession

I started this blog awhile ago when I was a student at USM, then I discovered the networking sites. You know them: Myspace, facebook, gay.com, and so on. I also got my own website (no longer active). Can you guess what happened next?

I admit it. It’s true. I forgot about this blog. I’m sorry. When I last posted I was getting maybe one hit a month. I think those were from my mom. But that’s no excuse. I loved writing on here and analyzing poetry and books and what not. It won’t happen again, I promise! I’m coming back to you.

Why? I got an email earlier this month from a reader who like my analysis of a Donne poem. I didn’t know this blog was still up. So I dredged up my old Statcounter.com report. I couldn’t believe it. Since I’ve been gone this blog has been getting around 150 hits a month. Either I’m more popular in my absence (totally possible) or maybe I should keep posting on Blogger – the website I paid for never averaged more than 3 hits a month.

Now that I’m back, I have a laundry list of things to do: I’ll be updating some of my links; copying some of my Myspace blogs to the site; and analyzing new poetry. And that’s just a beginning. What happens next is up to all you all. If you have something you’d like me to read and respond to, let me know. We’ll see where this all goes.

Yours truly,

JRFT

P.s. I'd like to do a pod cast of spoken poetry. Any thoughts?

No comments: